2010-06-25

A fountain of knowledge

No bookshelf is complete without a couple of good encyclopedias and reference books. This one I found at a flea market a few years ago and this is basically the Junior Woodchucks Guidebook, but in real life! (I actually bought a "Junior Woodchucks Guidebook" when I was a kid, but it was a huge disappointment. It was full of games and a few scout tips, like how to make knots and recognize animal tracks, but nothing like the wealth of information I imagined... I`m sure Douglas Adams read Donald Duck a lot as a kid.)

This, however, is a swedish translation of Reader´s Digest´s "How to do just about anything" from 1988. It starts with How to count with an abacus and How to adopt, goes through How to play Canasta, How to clean and repair eye glasses, How to make soups, and ends with How to deal with earache and How to avoid an OD of medication. I laughed when I found it and just had to have it. Can´t remember what I paid for it, but nowhere near what it´s worth, that´s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment