2013-11-10

Literary Magazine

The latest edition of free literary magazine Five Dials has a translation to English of one of the most talked about literary works (if you can call it that, but I suppose you can) in Sweden this year. It´s Jonas Hassen Khemiri´s open letter to Minister of Justice Beatrice Ask.
I am writing to you with a simple request, Beatrice Ask. I want us to trade our skins and our experiences. Come on. Let’s just do it. You’ve never been averse to slightly wacky ideas (I still remember your controversial suggestion that anyone who buys sex ought to be sent a notice in a lavender envelope).
And there´s some other stuff in there as well, like an interview with Richard Ford (who is pretty high up on my to-read list since seeing an interview with him on television). 

No comments:

Post a Comment